That’s a Thing?! Live: The Internet is my GSA
Recorded live at the SkirtsAfire Festival, Elizabeth explains how she has felt more comfortable exploring her queerness online rather than in person (though we’re happy those in-real-life places exist). Then we discuss such issues with our eloquent guests.
- N.B. The excerpt from Poly Queer Love Ballad (18:05 to 22:15) is amazing, but also quite explicit, so be forewarned. Special thanks to Sara Vickruck and Anais West for performing the song and letting us include it in this recording.
- SkirtsAfire Festival — fill out the survey if you were there!
- GSA = gay-straight alliance. QSA = queer-straight alliance.
- The ridiculous “I identify as an attack helicopter” meme
- Gender neutral third-person pronouns
- Some better examples of healthy relationship and world-building that include queerness:
- Definition of cancel culture
- The current GSA discussion in Alberta’s provincial election
- CBC: St. Paul school principal refused to let students form GSA, report says
- A picture of our panel (thanks to Kate)
- Our panelists (from left to right in this picture, on either side of Elizabeth and Karen):
- Things mentioned by our panelists:
- Our panelists’ projects:
- Also, this episode is being published on International Transgender Day of Visibility. Much love to Marni for all of her work, and salute to SkirtsAfire for naming her this year's Honorary Skirt.
- The Edmonton Public Library’s Overdue Finds podcast
- The Let’s Do Coffee podcast from NAIT’s Mawji Centre for New Venture and Student Entrepreneurship
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.