OK Boomer, but #NotAllKarens
Elizabeth gets into the labels and epithets assigned by the internet, and where the mainstream media gets them wrong. Karen just feels very attacked.
Here are links to the things we mentioned:
- The Taylor Lorenz article that started it all
- The triple meme Instagram post
- You Know I Had to Do It to Em meme
- Some highlights of the backlash
- Definition of boomer (Thanks DankMemeOS)
- Generation X, as defined by Douglas Coupland
- Buzzfeed article full of Karen defamation
- YouTube video tangentially related to Italian puppet theatre
- Ok zoomer (not the Moses Znaimer kind)
- Definition of VSCO girl
- Eboys, Egirls, soft boys, soft girls
- And, of course, the frickboy (definition not censored)
- Video essay on NLOGs
- More proof that Karen is hip with the kids yo on This is Adulting
Many thanks to our sponsors:
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Questions? Comments? Email us at email@example.com or tweet at us: @thatsathingyeg.
Many thanks to Transistor for hosting our show, to Unit B Coworking for use of their studio, and to Jon Spencer for editing the podcast. Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin.