Don't play me like that
Do you have games on your phone? Elizabeth does, and in this episode, she’ll share some tips and tricks for navigating the hit-and-miss abyss that is the Apple App Store. But first, some words from our beloved editor and gamer extraordinaire, Jon.
Here are some of the things we mentioned:
- We got to try out at home VR thanks to Laser City
- Flash games were part of the browser game genre
- Here’s a snapshot from Elizabeth’s earliest gaming days
- Super Mario World
- Lunar Magic, a Super Mario World level editor
- Find out what stuff Karen likes on Tumblr
- Idle/Clicker/Tycoon games
- The sunk cost fallacy
- Loot boxes & the controversy around them
- The work of Jim Stephanie Sterling
- The NFT controversy
- Team Fortress 2
- Speed Dating for Ghosts is available on Steam and Switch
- Find dubious ads for apps here
- And now, a list of every app we mentioned in this episode!
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- NAIT’s Career Essentials podcast
- Pod Power shout-out for YourForest, courtesy of Edmonton Community Foundation
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network — Locally grown. Community supported.
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Questions? Comments? Email us at email@example.com or tweet at us: @thatsathingyeg.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.
Many thanks to Transistor for hosting our show. Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin, from Free Music Archive.