Don't play me like that
Do you have games on your phone? Elizabeth does, and in this episode, she’ll share some tips and tricks for navigating the hit-and-miss abyss that is the Apple App Store. But first, some words from our beloved editor and gamer extraordinaire, Jon.
Here are some of the things we mentioned:
- We got to try out at home VR thanks to Laser City
- Flash games were part of the browser game genre
- Here’s a snapshot from Elizabeth’s earliest gaming days
- Super Mario World
- Lunar Magic, a Super Mario World level editor
- Find out what stuff Karen likes on Tumblr
- Idle/Clicker/Tycoon games
- The sunk cost fallacy
- Loot boxes & the controversy around them
- The work of Jim Stephanie Sterling
- The NFT controversy
- Team Fortress 2
- Speed Dating for Ghosts is available on Steam and Switch
- Find dubious ads for apps here
- And now, a list of every app we mentioned in this episode!
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- NAIT’s Career Essentials podcast
- Pod Power shout-out for YourForest, courtesy of Edmonton Community Foundation
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network — Locally grown. Community supported.
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.