The cake is a lie
The internet contains untrue things. Elizabeth explores how tributes to a beloved children’s author got hijacked by accident, and how kid-friendly cooking videos are not always what they seem.
Here are some of the things we mentioned:
- Eric Carle and The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Eric Carle didn’t say that
- The Paris Review for Young Readers
- Rage-bait cooking videos - eg no-melt nachos, spaghetti in cold sauce
- We were going to link to a problematic image about 4chan sharing things in bad faith, but then decided against it, because why spread it more?
- Content-farm video channels like Blossom, So Yummy, 5-Minute Crafts
- Making a purse out of a pizza box
- Kimora Blac: “you didn’t say jk though”
- Bad waffle-iron videos
- Wrap-folding hack from TikTok
- Ann Reardon’s How To Cook That
- You Suck at Cooking
- The quote about lies on the internet was from Arthur! (We would never quote Bizaardvark.)
Many thanks to our sponsors:
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network — Locally grown. Community-supported.
You can follow us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.