New ways to own and be owned
Elizabeth sows some FUD about making money with Roblox, Wattpad, and OpenSea. Welcome to post-scarcity economics, kids.
Here are some of the things we mentioned in this episode:
- We are not actually an NFT
- Watch these videos from PeopleMakeGames on Roblox:
- Gig economy
- Callback to our MLM episode: Have I got a deal for you?
- Company scrip
- Roblox on the stock market
- Wattpad’s deal with Paramount+
- Archive of Our Own (AO3)
- Callback to our fan fiction episode: Episode 5: Fanfictionary
- OpenSea, an NFT marketplace
- Twitter account dedicated to sniffing out art theft
- Example of the right-click movement against NFT art
- Some more anti-NFT content for you
- The NFT Nightmare
- NFTs Are Getting Worse. Like WAY Worse.
- Dan Olson’s NFT scam megathread
- laughing at crypto bros, a deceptively educational livestream
Many thanks to our sponsors:
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network — Locally grown. Community supported.
You can follow us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Questions? Comments? Email us at email@example.com or tweet at us: @thatsathingyeg.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.
Many thanks to Transistor for hosting our show. Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin, from Free Music Archive.