Well, that was a thing
At the ripe old age of 20, Elizabeth is now too geriatric for this show. So here is our finale, in which Karen reviews some of the lessons she’s learned from doing this podcast, and Elizabeth corrects her, as always.
Here are some of the things we mentioned:
- We launched in December 2017, when Elizabeth was 15
- Y2K fashion is back?
- Zine culture
- Lilly Singh went from relatable YouTuber to out of touch late show host
- The painful “Gen Z slang” SNL skit
- David Foot and Douglas Coupland contributed to a hyper-awareness of generation
- StyleLikeU interview with an elder gay couple to start you off
- Content notice: mentions of sex, homophobia, addiction and violence
- But it’s really sweet we promise <3
- Harold Innis and Marshall McLuhan – still pretty helpful guys for understanding what’s going on
- If you aren’t sold on wrestling, watch these videos
- You can find Karen’s work at Taproot Edmonton and Taproot Publishing
- Shout-out to our colleagues at the Alberta Podcast Network
- The first pages of Elizabeth’s comic project
- You might hear us some time on I Don’t Get It
- We recommend Transistor for hosting and Castria for editing
Many thanks to our sponsors:
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network. Locally grown. Community supported.
We’re done now, but you can still email us at email@example.com or tweet at us: @thatsathingyeg.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.
Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin, from Free Music Archive.