Don't forget to floss (or do)
Flossing — it’s not just for teeth anymore. Elizabeth explains the origins of the dance move to Karen, and expresses disbelief that she didn’t know about it, because isn’t already over by now? Also, relive the dance crazes of the ‘80s and early ‘90s, because Gen-X nostalgia is the best nostalgia.
Here are links to some of the other things we talked about:
- Not this kind of flossing
- This kind of flossing
- We keep talking about Fortnite
- Edmonton Podcasting Meetup, where Mack Male of Taproot Edmonton asked Elizabeth to explain flossing
- Swish Swish
- Backpack Kid
- Flossing Song
- Forget fidget spinners, now the craze is The Floss dance
- Victory animation in Fortnite: Flossing, Electro Shuffle, Dab
- We keep talking about Tide Pods
- Ironic dabbing
- Iconic dabbing
- Dabbing at a funeral
- Harlem Shake
- We find a way to talk about K-Pop
- Michelle Obama doing Evolution of Mom Dancing with Jimmy Fallon, i.e. how Karen knows what The Dougie is
- Drake gif memes: Tennis, Pizza, Star Wars
- Don't sit like a horse (not clean)
- That time we went on I Don’t Get It to talk about Batboy: The Musical
- Hat tip to Karen’s Facebook friends for reminding her of all the dances she forgot
- The Moonwalk
- Rock Lobster on Just Dance (Even more about Rock Lobster and the B-52s from Slate’s Hit Parade)
- Walk Like an Egyptian
- The Macarena
- Debbie Harry explains the Pogo
- The Electric Slide
- Country line-dancing to Cadillac Ranch
- The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show
Shout-out to fellow APN members Press Start to Join. Please fill out this listener survey!
We'd love it if you'd rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. You can subscribe to us in all the places.
Questions? Comments? Email us at email@example.com or tweet us: @thatsathingyeg.
Many thanks to Unit B Coworking for the recording space, to Castria for help with the production, and to our podcast host, Transistor.
Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin.