Nostalgia, for kids!
Elizabeth takes us back to the good(?) old(?) days to examine the internet artifacts of her youth, and gauge how cringe-y they are now. Jon returns with his customary snark and a dramatic reading of archival Tumblr.
Here are links to things we mentioned:
- Call back to our Quibi episode
- Chan boards
- Rage Comics
- Wojak Comics
- Call back to our cottagecore episode
- NPC and its politicization
- Reply All episode on the origins of QAnon
- Call back to our Karens episode
- Call back to our memes episode with Steamed Hams
- Tumblr heritage posts
- Call back to our episode mentioning the Onceler fandom
- Inktober creator controversy
- Oppa Homeless Style
- If you’re wondering what Jon is shouting at the end, it’s this.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- The Shared Mic: Conversations for the Ages
- Edmonton Community Foundation and The Well Endowed Podcast, especially Episode 79
That's a Thing?! is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network — Locally grown. Community supported.
You can subscribe to us in all the places, and most of them let you rate and review, too, which would be lovely.
Do you want a That’s a Thing?! button? Send us your address by Twitter DM or email and we will send you one.
Many thanks to Transistor for hosting our show
Our theme music is Ragtime Dance by Scott Joplin.